Bungay`s Business Association was established in the 1940`s and known as "The Bungay and District Chamber of Trade and Commerce".
It is a non affiliated, voluntary organisation which aims to promote trade and tourism in Bungay and the surrounding area for the benefit of local business.
It has links with local organisations and also provides a link between local business and the local authorities.
The principle activities include:
- The initiation and organisation of public events such as Street markets.
- Liason with and financial support to the Bungay Joint Tourism, Festival and Bungay in Bloom Committees
- Membership of the Waveney Business Forum.
- Liason with the town. district and county councils .
- Support for local organisations and charities that function in the interests of Bungay.
- Collection and distribution of information which may be useful to or affect the business interests of the members.
- Provision of discussion forums and guest speakers.
Working to Promote local business this past year our main acheivements include -
- Successful negotiations with WDC for reduced parking charges in Bungay carparks.
- Attracting literally thousands of visitors to our street markets.
- Actively supporting Tourism initiatives like the September Food Fair .
- Took part successfully in the" Bungay means Business "Festival event.
- Members served on the boards of the Waveney Business and Tourism Forums bringing new marketing ventures and funding schemes to Bungay.
£1000 towards the Bungay Christmas Lights.
- £500 to Festival Funds.
- £200 to Bungay in Bloom's work.
In the pipeline for the coming months:.
- More and new public events
- Development of this "mybungay" website as an informative, up to date Business Directory
- Training and advice seminars for established and start-up businesses ..
- Waveney wide business liason and network opportunities.
- Expansion of this local Business association
Join us and be part of a progressive business community
All businesses based in Bungay and the surrounding area are welcome to join.
We are always looking for new support and need new blood and ideas to keep promoting local business effectively..
Membership is by annual subscription.
Meetings take place at approximately 8 week intervals with an AGM in the spring.
The cost is just £25 pa due April 1st. The fee also entitles members to a free 50 word business description in this website`s listings with picture and logo alongside your contact details and web links.
Go to the website " Membership" page to fill in the application form and email it off right now. If you would like to speak with someone then contact details are on the "Contacts" page.
Remember business across Waveney is set to soar with the large scale development of offshore energy, its supply chains and the associated population increase. Stay ahead, be part of the Bungay success story.